Sunday 14 October 2012

Oral sex: Good or Bad?


There are so many debates surrounding this topic. In this blog I won’t be “arguing” the topic, just stating my views and you the reader is free to comment with your own opinions on the subject.
In Jamaica as Jamaicans we tend to shy away from this topic especially in public settings. Jamaicans would agree we are an anti-oral sex country; most of our music that the public gets is negative on the subject. However, a great number of Jamaicans are involved, well in my opinion. For example, having been on several social networking sites I have gotten many many offers to be “eaten.” Many other females here in Jamaica might have this experience too. I assume that somehow these negative songs about oral sex have somehow sparked the interest of our citizens to want to try out what they might be missing. Or could it be that because it is so forbidden by social norms why actually indulging in the act makes it that much more appealing?
When I was a teen, I was attending a crusade and on the delegated night for a family life topic the evangelist touched this very same topic. He made it clear that sex was created by God. In my opinion the greatest sex and love stories are from the bible in Songs of Solomon. Read it and pray for its understanding. The following are texts from This Book of Solomon
I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit was sweet to my taste. 2:3
My beloved is mine, and I am his: he feedeth among the lilies. 2:16
Come ... blow upon my garden that the spices thereof may flow out. Let my beloved come into his garden, and eat his pleasant fruits. 4:16
"Thy navel is like a round goblet, which wanteth not liquor: thy belly is like an heap of wheat set about with lilies." 7:2
"I would cause thee to drink of spiced wine of the juice of my pomegranate." 8:2
Concerning oral sex within Christian discussions, the most cited is Song of Solomon.
Song of Solomon 2:3- says - Like an apple tree among the trees of the forest, so is my beloved among the young men. In his shade I took great delight and sat down, and his fruit was sweet to my taste. This passage refers to Fellatio and 4:16 refers to cunnilingus- … May my beloved come into his garden and eat its choice fruits!
If you continue to Solomon 5:1 you might agree with me that he encourages husband and wives to drink and eat freely from each other’s bodies. When you open the scripture and read it you will realize it portrays oral sex just as normal as eating, expressing love joyfully and passionately between woman and man.

Negatives of Oral sex
After researching somewhat extensively, I have found that just like with intercourse, there are STD’s related illnesses that come with oral sex. But, like it is with sexual intercourse, if partners are faithful to each other then getting an STD from the act is out of the question.
I will conclude by saying this, both partners should have a say with respect to adding oral sex to their sexual menu. If one partner is for it and the other is against it, then you may need to just forget about it.  On the other hand, if you are both for it then do I think Oral sex is a sin? No. But I do I think forcing your partner to engage in the act if they do not want to do it is the wrong thing to do. 






1 comment:

  1. If we follow God's ideal - One woman to one man, I think the rest is left up to them to figure out what it is that they want to do.

    ReplyDelete